Apply for your 485 Visa with Expert Support

Save time & money applying for your Temporary Graduate 485 Visa with expert help from highly experienced immigration lawyers at Roam Migration Law.

  • Save time & money
  • Get it right the first time with expert help from highly experienced immigration lawyers
  • $700 (+ $100 per dependant applicant) + government charges
  • Full refund if the visa is refused*

Like to know more?

Complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly!

How did you hear about us?

How does it work

  1. Complete eligibility questionnaire
  2. Set up account & initial payment of $100
  3. Complete the questionnaire
  4. Upload documents
  5. We review and confirm with you that the visa is ready to lodge
  6. Final payment of $700 (+ $100 per dependant applicant) + government charges
  7. Lodgement & wait for visa decision

How long does it take?

Based on current processing times, we expect that your application will take approximately 3-6 months’ time to be approved. Processing times may be quicker or slower depending on various factors. View the Department’s processing times.

How much does it cost?

Professional service fees (inc. GST)*$700
Department of Home Affairs visa charge$1,680
Department of Home Affairs credit card service charge$16.97
Medical examination – pay to BUPA$321.20
Australian Federal Police check – pay to AFP$42.14
*Cost for a single applicant. Cost of $100 per additional dependant applicant).
**We offer a refund of our fees and the Department of Home Affairs fees should the application be refused.

Am I eligible for a 485 Post Graduate visa? Complete our short questionnaire to find out.

What is the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa

The Temporary Graduate 485 visa (also called TR) is a key link between studies, working in Australia and permanent residence (PR). The TR 485 visa allows international students to live and work after finishing their studies.

The Post-Study Work stream of the TR 485 visa is available for international students who complete a qualification in a higher education field. The visa period is linked with the qualification completed as per the following table.


The TR 485 visa has specific requirements which must be met at the time of lodging the application. We will support you to ensure that all these requirements are met and your visa is granted. If you lodge an application that does not meet these requirements, the TR 485 visa may be refused by the Department of Home Affairs (the Department). In many cases, this cannot be fixed by appealing the refusal decision.

QualificationsVisa duration
Bachelor2 years
Bachelor with Honours2 years
Master by Coursework2 years
Master (extended)2 years
Master by Research3 years
Doctorate4 years

More questions? Check out our FAQs

Do you want to apply for Permanent Residency (PR)?

Roam Migration Law can advise you on your permanent residence (PR) visa options. For an extra $250 (incl GST), our lawyers will review your circumstances and provide a written personal summary of your PR options and follow up phone call to answer any questions. You will be given the option to add this service once you register for the 485 visa support.

Don’t spend thousands of dollars on Professional Year courses, PTE, IELTS and NAATI CCL exams or further studies interstate that don’t help you get PR. Get the right advice and get on the best path to PR in Australia.

About Roam Migration Law

Roam Migration Law helps people and organisations navigate the immigration journey through expert visa knowledge and wholehearted service. Our team of specialist immigration lawyers and migration agents have the experience and knowledge to support your immigration needs.

Subscribe to Roam Migration Law

Australian immigration & visa news

You can unsubscribe at any time. We value your privacy. Read our .

Are you a business looking to sponsor an overseas worker? Book a FREE consultation with an immigration lawyer.