Close this search box.

​Global Talent – Employer Sponsored (GTES) visa

The GTES Program  is part of the Employer Sponsored Visa Program and is essentially a labour agreement for companies seeking to hire individuals in niche or highly skilled positions. These are two streams with in the GTES Program one for established and one for start-up businesses.


The main benefit of the GTES Program is that certain requirements of the 482 or 186 visas can be relaxed where a business obtains a GTES agreement.

GTES agreements will generally allow the business to negotiate;

  1. 4-year temporary 482 visas for any occupation regardless of occupational grouping
  2. Variation of eligibility requirements for the 482 visa
  3. Permanent residency pathways (through the 186 visa) for occupations which aren’t on the Medium and Long term skills list (MLTSSL)
  4. Flexibility with the standard 45 year age requirements for subsequent permanent residency (186 visa)  applications 

How we can help

Roam Migration Law has assisted clients with GTES agreement since the pilot program started in 2018. We have many years experience with the Employer Sponsored Visa Program and are able to guide clients to achieve the best possible outcomes for them and their employees.

Roam Migration Law can assist with the full process of the Global Talent Employer Sponsored Program including;

  • Preparation and lodgement of Accredited Business Sponsorship application
  • Advice and drafting of GTES agreement for approval with the Department.
  • The 482/186 nomination and visa application process, from preparation and lodgement through to a decision, for each candidate.

Contact Roam Migration Law or book a consultation today for further information about the Global Talent – Employer Sponsored visa scheme and whether it is right for you.

Subscribe to Roam Migration Law

Australian immigration & visa news

You can unsubscribe at any time. We value your privacy. Read our .

Are you a business looking to sponsor an overseas worker? Book a FREE consultation with an immigration lawyer.