The Global Talent Visa Program aims to attract highly talented individuals working or studying in select future-focused sectors to Australia. Successful applicants are given Australian permanent residence through a Global Talent Visa.
Applicants interested in applying through the Global Talent Visa Program must submit an expression of interest to the Department of Home Affairs. Once invited to apply for the Global Talent Visa a unique identifier is given to fast-track their application for approval.
Need expert help with your GTI application?
Complete the form below and a team member will be in touch shortly!
Am I eligible to submit and EOI for the Global Talent Visa Program?
To be eligible to submit an EOI for the Global Talent Visa Program you should:
- highly skilled in one of the defined sectors (or in a related sector); and
- currently earning, or likely to earn at or above the Fair Work high income threshold
You must also:
- be working/have recently completed studying in one of the following fields:
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Health Industries
- Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- Circular Economy
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Financial Services and FinTech
- Earn or are capable of earning at least AUD$162,000
When assessing you application the department will consider your:
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract
- future job offers outlining remuneration
- academic/professional qualifications relevant to a defined sector.
How Roam Migration Law Can Assist
We are able to assist with all stages of the GTI Program application. In particular, we can assist in helping to:
- Choose your nominator from your professional contacts;
- Liaise with your nominator to explain their role in the process and help draft their nominator for your application.
- Present your achievements/academic credentials in a way that maximises your chances of being invited to apply for this visa.
If you would like to talk with one of our experienced immigration lawyers about applying for the GTI program, please contact us.